Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Monday, June 8, 2020

Azarinth Healer Book Review

This is a book that I have heard about for a long time. Azarinth Healer is supposed to be one of the Royal Road greats. The book is still ongoing with over 5,000 pages having been written since about two years ago. The author is Rhaegar.

Ilia is a normal college student. essentially, broke and working at a minimum wage job. And like most she has a hobby, in her case that is kickboxing. When she goes to bed one night and wakes up in the middle of a forest filled with drakes and other things that want to eat her, she's freaked out. However she quickly learns to love this new world that gifted her with an overpowered class that she can use to destroy anything that stands in her path. Her class is a merger of a brawler and a healer, both parts about as strong as a full time one. While strong Ilia is definitely not the strongest and the battle junkie will do her best to work her way up the levels and take on stronger and stronger opponents.

I think it is best to disclose that I was not able to get through the entire book. I got through 28 percent or about 1450 pages. I attempted to do 5,200 pages in 7 days but about 2 and a half days in I realized no matter how much I love reading I would be able to read 750 pages a day without going insane. That being said though, most of what I read I loved. The main character is overpowered, but in one of the best ways. She goes into situations where she is fighting something hundreds of levels above her because she is DPS, Tank, and Healer all rolled into one. It is great to read. She mainly adventures and fights alone in what I read, however near the end that changed to a team based one. This is something I didn't enjoy. I really liked the insane battle junkie healer of death but when she went on a team I felt like that took away what I really loved about the story. Maybe this goes back to what it was later on but the last few hundred pages I read didn't have the same appeal as the first 1200. Regardless though those 1200 pages were amazing. The class may not have been balanced but she still struggled because she was taking on opponents hundreds of levels above and it was a joy to read. I do plan to hopefully one day finish the book, but if any of you have read past page 1500 let me, and the other people who read this know if she goes back to being the insane battle junkie that kept me reading that first chunk. I may write an updated review in the future on the next 3500 pages.
Azarinth Healer

2 comments:

  1. Please get it on Kindle so E-Reader folks like me can have it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you can do is add the chrome extension Web to EPub and run that on the site for the book (the one linked above). Then use Convertio to turn it from an EPub to Mobi, and finally send that to your Kindle's E-Mail. It will show up on your Kindle and you can read it. If you don't have a Kindle I am sure there are other ways to put the book on your e-reader (i.e. USB). If you have any questions feel free to ask.

      Delete