Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Giver Book Review

The Giver is a classic written by Lois Lowry and it was published in 1993. I read the book for a school assignment and it turned out better than I expected, although I was not a fan of the ending. The book is part of a four-book series.

The Giver is a Utopian-Dystopia type novel about a supposedly perfect society, but then it starts to drop hints that maybe nothing is as perfect as it seems. The book follows Jonas, a young, bright, obedient child, just like everyone else. When Jonas gets his job at age twelve though, things start to go awry.

I enjoyed the majority of this book. It was very interesting and I thought that the author was very creative on how she wrote it. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes dystopian, fantasy, or anything similar to those genres.
Image result for the giver cover

No comments:

Post a Comment