Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Realm Between Book Review

The Realm Between is the first book in a five book series (so far). The book was written by Pheonix Grey and first published on October 18th, 2019. At least the first book is on Kindle Unlimited, I am not sure of the others.

This book takes place in the future, VR has gone to new heights, but not as high as in other books. Currently, the best VR machines still haven't quite got smell or feeling quite right, but Radical Entertainment is leading the charge. Contrary to their name, they don't actually make games, but educational programs. Will is one of their beta testers, day in and day out he performs virtual, graphic, disgusting open heart surgery, searching for bugs. At first working for a company that big sounded amazing, but before long the appeal wore off and he found their wasn't too much for him in life anymore. His bad luck continues (or stops) when he gets a brain injury and goes into a coma, but Radical Entertainment will always try and care for their employees. Radical puts Will into a game called The Realm by installing the interface in his brain, all of a sudden, with no memory of the injury and no memory of how he got there, Will is in The Realm. Like a classic RPG he will need to work his way up from the very bottom, with no extra skills or special abilities. He groups up with two bickering brothers, one too law abiding and one not enough, it will be up to the three of them to save the island they live on from destruction.

I wasn't really a huge fan of this book. It was good, yes, but it wasn't something that really made me want to read as much as some of the other books I have read recently have. I wouldn't dissuade you from reading it. If you get it with Kindle Unlimited and decide to try it though, let me know what you think. When you read it though, if you don't like the first however long he is in the game too much, don't bother to continue reading because the story doesn't just get a lot better, like it does in some other books. The choice is yours however, but if you disagree, please let me know, I'd love to hear from some of my readers. It does have a really cool cover and really cool author name though.
Image result for The Realm Between: The Curse: (Book 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment