Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Fayroll Book Review

I recently read the first book in the Fayroll series, More Than a Game. The book was published on February 13, 2017, and another great book by LitHunters.

Nikiforov is a struggling journalist in charge of the Social Column, which is basically who slept with who, who fought who, etc. Its just another name for the gossip column. Before his annoying and pushy boss forces him into a new world, he had nothing to write about, but not now, because he is in Fayroll. Fayroll is the new hit VR Game with near unlimited possibilities and AI so good it is tough to distinguish the NPCs from the players, well, it would without the text over their head. Tasked with writing six articles over a 4 week period stuck in a world he is not excited about, is not going to be his favorite. Until he learns how fun it can be to bash skeleton's, goblin's, and insane player's heads in with his trusty mace (and later sword). It doesn't take long until he discovers the hidden world of blackmail, economy and more within.

This was a really good book. The first third wasn't that good so I wasn't sure about it but after that it really picks up pace and I really started to enjoy this book. I hope to be able to continue and read the rest of this series and I encourage you to do as well. It had some great dialogue, realistic actions and written in my favorite point of view, first. There were funny comments out loud and in his head throughout to keep a solid pace of humor along with the action. This book is great for any game lovers, fantasy lovers, LitRPG lovers, and anyone who enjoys a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment