Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Sentenced to Troll Book Review

Sentenced to Troll is a book I read a little while ago, written by S. L. Rowland and published on June 24, 2019. I found this book through Kindle Unlimited and have been really happy with my subscription to Kindle Unlimited.

Chad is a professional gamer and streamer, but in the future when gaming, social media, and other forms of digital entertainment is even more prominent cyberbullying means serious real-world consequences. Chad has insulted one too many people this time and is facing trial for what he has said. As punishment, he is sentenced to 30 days in a new hyper-realistic video game, with him being on the bottom. Chad is now Chod the troll and his job is to bring the trolls back from the brink of extinction. It won't be easy to do though when everyone, even some of his own kind, is against him. The future of the trolls is in Chod's hands.

I really enjoyed this book. The story was serious enough to keep me entertained and funny enough for me to not lose interest. It was really cool how the author incorporated video-game elements and blended them with his own skills. I loved how it explained and showed the divide between player and NPC as well. It was an all-around great story and you couldn't help but feel empathy towards this hated race. I recommend this to anyone who loves a great story about an underdog, who loves video-games, or who just loves fantasy. I feel LitRPG is so great because it gives a concrete explanation of someone's power so even if you don't like video games you can still appreciate and love this author's writing style, his story, and his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment