Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Island of Thieves Book Review

Slight disclaimer, for this book, I listened to it as an audiobook so I may have missed some things. I listened to it on 1.5x speed because I had to have it finished on a certain date. The book is called Island of Thieves and it is written by Josh Lacey.  It was really interesting and written/told very well.

The story is about a boy named Tom, my guess is he is around 13 years of age. His parents have had a vacation planned for a while, but after an accident that involved matches, Tom, and the family's shed, the people who had said they would watch him are no longer as excited and won't take him. After his Dad calls around, he finally found someone who will take him, Uncle Harvey. Tom has never met Harvey before, but even after the gunfights, treasure hunting, near-death experiences, and losing untold riches, he is glad he did.

This book was, as I said, very well written. I would definitely recommend it. The relationship between Harvey and Tom grows and you begin to really like both of them. The book also has a lot of comedic parts, which makes the story more interesting too. The book has an engaging plot and interesting characters. It is definitely worth the read.
Image result for island of thieves book cover

No comments:

Post a Comment