Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Greatest Test Of Courage Book Review

This is one of the first unpublished books that I have received that has not been from NetGalley. It is called The Greatest Test of Courage and it was written by Ronda Hassig. The book is a work of historical fiction and it was beautifully written.

The book is about a young army lieutenant named Eddie. He was recently married and recently had a child but went off to war to serve his country, the Philippines, in World War II. When the book starts, they are surrendering to the Japanese, and he is taken as a prisoner of war (POW). The book tells of the terrible treatment he faced, how he got through it, and how he resisted. The book is very heavy because of how brutal the Japanese were. It has lots of killing and graphic descriptions, the book is extremely eye-opening though. I had liked how it actually told what really happened, and not a lot a bunch of lies to soften it.

I greatly enjoyed the book. It was fascinating and eye-opening, and it taught me a lot. What I also liked was how the facts weren't written in some sort of clumsy way, the author really incorporated it into the story. I would recommend this book although I would caution certain age groups because, like I said, some parts are very graphic and bloody.

No comments:

Post a Comment