Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Dungeon Core Book Review

I recently read Bone Dungeon book one (and at this point the only one) by Jonathan Smidt. This was published March 21 of this year and is the third great read (out of three read) I have read from Portal Books Publishing.

All Ryan was he had a disagreement with the church, but not too much memory of it, although he does remember a *whoosh*. Gifted rebirth by a Goddess who took pity on him (the Goddess that same church worshiped), he will live out the rest of his days as a dungeon. He wakes up in a small room with his fairy teacher, who teaches him what being a dungeon really means. The main thing about being a dungeon, is being a murderer. Groups of five people come in and fight the dungeon risking their lives for loot and rewards. The more people Ryan kills the stronger and better he becomes, and the more times the groups fight the dungeon, the stronger they get. He will create monsters to fight them and the monsters sole goal is to kill the challengers, but first he has to choose what type of dungeon he is. As soon as he hears the church hates darkness dungeons, he immediately chooses it, strictly on impulse. As a darkness dungeon, he must use skeletons and zombies to try to take down challengers, but not too many or else the church might decide he is too much of a danger and destroy him (they really hate darkness dungeons). It will be a struggle trying to juggle the challengers, a necromancer trying to get him to join forces for world domination, and most importantly, his very own (and favorite) skeletal fight club.

I would really recommend this book to anyone. It is hilarious, has great characters and a great story, it is just an all around an amazing book. One of my favorite things was all the modern comedy references, including Fight Club, Baby Shark, and all kinds of other things that made me laugh out loud, and the book is loaded with puns (especially the punny ones). The book is awesome for everyone, but I think the real lovers of the series would be fantasy lovers, comedic book lovers, and LitRPG fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment