Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Assassin Hunter Book Review

I finished Assassin Hunter by Drew Briney about two weeks ago and still haven't written a review up until now. Which is totally my fault. I've been busy as of late with a new family pet and a new school year, but I've still been reading so I should have a couple of reviews out today. This book, last I heard, has a planned publishing date of September fourth of this year at the latest, but with a quick Google search I wasn't able to find it., so I'm not quite sure when this novella is going to be published (assuming it isn't already).

This book is about Vaya Sage, an assassin, who is hired to take out the group he works with, full of other assassins (13 total), or else. Of course, he is reluctant, but he seemingly has no other option, so he complies. Throughout the book, it tells as he hunts down as many as he can, but with various twists and turns.

I really enjoyed this book. It is only a novella, but it is a good short, quick, interesting read. The book is set in the future, so it involves new technology like completely silent guns (even through walls), and some really cool other stuff. The book, for the most part, isn't that graphic. It says what happens, but doesn't describe it in a way that might tell any gory details, really only one, maybe two parts that come to mind and both are short and really not too gore descriptive. I do recommend this book, I think the story itself is appropriate for almost all ages. Really, it's about as graphic as a Goosebumps book. And I mean that in a good way. This book does have bigger ideas/emotions though and definitely a bigger vocabulary. This book is really good for anyone and with the size of it, it is a nice weekend read.

No comments:

Post a Comment