Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Saturday, October 13, 2018

The Bearer's Burden Book Review

I received The Bearer's Burden by Chad Queen a long time ago, but because I am a sucker for self-control when it comes to books and stories, I requested way too many at a time. Which, is a problem I am trying to fix. This book will be published on May 8th, 2018.

The book follows Cade, a veteran from the one month war and a recluse, through his adventures with a young princess. The book focuses on a totally different world from earth. Backed into long ago technology, but with one bonus. Bearers. Bearers take phantoms, the spirits of people who chose to stay behind on earth and use their spirits to encode. Encoding means turning into another material, whether that be iron, aluminum, tungsten, or diamond, their entire body can be changed. Cade and the princess, Ashlyn, track down and investigate Ashlyn's uncles' death. Without parent permission of course. Through this, they find secrets people have fought to keep buried for years and flip the entire world upside down.

This book was really good, and really well written. At the start, the author said thanks for reading the book and taking the chance on a first-time author. But this did not seem like a first-time author. The story was great, and I plan on finishing the rest of the series upon release, and I definitely do recommend this book. Like I said, it was well written with a good story. It felt like a dystopian fantasy read, so if you like either of those or if it just sounds like a good read, I would definitely take a chance on reading it. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment