Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Casper and Jasper and the Terrible Tyrant Book Review

Quite a long ago I got Casper and Jasper and the Terrible Tyrant by Tilia Klebenov Jacobs. This book is another one of the groups where I requested far too many. The book was published on June 1st, 2018.

The book follows Casper and Jasper. They are in a fantasy world where there is everything from orcs to kobolds to werewolves to carnivorous marshmallows. On the day they were born though, a ruthless and terrible tyrant appeared and took over the land under an oppressive and evil rule. Casper and Jasper's parents are missing, but have been since they were six months old. During that time, they have been raised by the Zuckerman family. While everybody else is afraid to face the tyrant, the two boys decide to find their missing parents which are less than likely still held by the tyrant. Throughout this book, it tells of their journey trying to track down their parents and trying to take down an unstoppable tyrant.

This is a comedy book and does really well at it. There were parts where I had full on belly laughs. The book was very funny and very well written. Every page I read felt like a Roald Dahl page. The book was written in just that way. This book felt at the same time a book for young kids and for almost any age. I feel like this would be the perfect book for either a teacher to read to his/her class or for a parent to read to a child before bed, or really for any kid. Probably even up to 7th or 8th grade. Maybe even high school for some who just like a good story. Really, this is a good read for anyone, especially if it is a fun summer read. It is a really funny book and definitely a worthwhile read.

1 comment: