Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A Dog's Way Home Book Review

A month or so ago, I received A Dog's Way Home by W. Bruce Cameron from Netgalley. The book was published May first of this year. Recently, I haven't published many reviews so I feel bad that I made the publishers wait on this one, but all thoughts and feelings of this book are my own.

The book is about Bella, a mystery breed dog, found under an abandoned house with a bunch of cats. She gets found, along with most of the cats although some weren't caught, and adopted by a man named Lucas, long story short, eventually bribed and corrupt animal control officers start to target her relentlessly. She is then sent away to a foster family to escape the animal control agents until Lucas can relocate. At the foster family though, she wants to go back home so she starts a four-hundred-mile journey back to Lucas, and because it is back to Lucas, also back to the corrupt animal control officers. On the journey though, she has various owners from all different backgrounds. The whole story is told from Bella's point of view and so it adds comedy because a lot of times, she is very confused.

I really enjoyed this book. One of the author's previous books, A Dog's Purpose, was actually made into a movie so I was very excited about being able to read this one pre-release. Unfortunately though, I lagged behind and really only had a chance to focus on it after the release. I do want to say though that this book was eye-opening in some aspects, which you would need to read to find out why. This book is a really cute and sweet though, and I recommend it to all, especially animal lovers. And, an added bonus to this book, no sad ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment