Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Whisper Book Review

I was lucky enough to be given a book called Whisper by Lynette Noni from an amazing company named NetGalley. I did this in exchange for an honest review. This was and is an amazing opportunity that I had and will continue to do reviews with NetGalley. This book comes out the first of May this year, so it was really cool that I was one of the first people to read it.

This book is about a girl, called Jane Doe because she won't tell her name, or speak. She hasn't spoken in two and a half years. At the start of the story, she is held in a secret government facility called Lengard. She got here after checking herself into a mental hospital, for an unknown reason. She has been there for two and a half year, on a strict schedule that involves a one-sided therapy, an intense workout, and torture. For the entire time she has been there this schedule has not changed, until you start to read. She gets a deadline to improve she is essential to the program, what is the program? Well, that would be a spoiler. To break through her barriers, she has a schedule change and at the end of the day has to be with a man called Ward, a new overviewer. His job is to break through her outer shell and show who she is, yet doing this could be disastrous to the entire world.

I really loved this book! It was amazing and extremely interesting. It had major plot twists and things that you would never expect coming. It was extremely well written with some interesting analogies (even if that wasn't essential to the story, I found it really cool and insightful) and it had some of the coolest ideas that I would like to say, although I cannot because I don't want any spoilers in this review. No matter what though, this is one of my favorite books to date and I definitely recommend it. It seems like there will be another book though so I am super excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment