Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Monday, February 26, 2018

The Mirror and the Mountain Book Review

I was lucky enough to be given a book called The Mirror and the Mountain by Luke Aylen from an amazing company named NetGalley. I did this in exchange for an honest review. This was, and is an amazing opportunity that I had and will continue to do reviews with NetGalley. This book comes out March of this year, so it was really cool that I was one of the first people to read it.

This book was about two kids, their names being Jonah and Summer, both eleven, transported to a new world called Presedia. In this world, there are many differences, such as the world having dragons, immortal kings, dwarves, elves, and a kingdom in ruin. The world is the basic underlying necessities to a classical fantasy realm. Although in this, there are a few differences that gives the author a lot more creative freedom in the way the story goes. The land falling into ruin without their ancient king being one of them. The children are brought into this world when playing a fun game of tag. Jonah is being chased by Summer and hides to hopefully lose her yet she knows where he is going because he goes there every time.

When Summer finds him, they fall back into a hole which leads into a dark pathway. They venture further and it opens to an old chapel. In the chapel, there is a huge mirror, which falls on Summer when Jonah isn't looking. When he looks back after he hears the loud bang, Summer cannot be found. He figures she must be crushed under the mirror so when he lifts it, to his surprise he does not see a body, he sees another world through the mirror. He crawls under and travels to the world too, to go find Summer. Once he finds her though, they will need to find a new way home because the mirror is broken.

This book was really interesting. I enjoyed it, although not as much as I had other books. It had some wise insights and life lessons though. It was written to convey the main idea of the book of James in the Bible, although you don't need to believe in that to find the interest and insights of the book. It was really good though and I found the book really interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment