Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Valhalla Online Book Review

I recently read the Valhalla Online series (4 books) in 6 total days. This is a great series. It was written by Kevin McLaughlin and the first book was released on March 21st, 2017.

This book follows Sam, a girl stuck in the world of the dead, while she doesn't know how she died. In this world, technology has advanced so much they are able to take the brain and create a digital copy, so anytime someone who paid the price before they died, are living in Valhalla. Valhalla is for people who's belief in the afterlife isn't quite rock solid, so Valhalla acts as their alternative. Valhalla has 9 realms, all of them quite difficult, and in the 9th you can talk to those in the outside world. You can't die there either (at least now permanently). As soon as Sam learns this, she knows she has to get to the 9th, to know why she died, but the path is full of challenges. Nearly as soon as she arrives in her new world, she is locked underground in a dungeon and must fight her was out, past enemies that could blow her away with a sneeze. Later she encounters giants, hacked arrows that will delete her new existence, goddesses, and much more.

This was an awesome series and I definitely recommend it. There will be one more book, so you may want to wait until then because if you like this series as much as I did, these books will not take you long. I really enjoyed how the author brought thought provoking questions, like are they the same as everything else in the game, technically they are just 1s and 0s. This would be a good fit for anyone who likes Sci-Fi Fantasy, Video Games, or LitRPG. Really, I feel this book is for just about anyone.
Image result for valhalla online

No comments:

Post a Comment