Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Monday, February 24, 2020

Vainqueur the Dragon Book Review

This is another book review for a royal road book, however it also has part of it out on Amazon. It seems like there is a new chapter roughly every three days. The book started six months ago and is still currently being updated with new chapters, and the author is Void Herald. Here is the link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26534/vainqueur-the-dragon

Vainqueur was a mighty dragon, the best in the land a while ago. Then after just a brief 50 year nap he wakes up and sees a thief trying to steal from him, and his Goblin protectors of the hoard are nowhere in sight. Dismayed and angry, Vainqueur toys with his food, only for his food to reveal an incredible secret, the system. The system makes it so that people can level and grow in different classes, all you need to access it is to be knowledgeable of said system. Never before had any dragon, much less one as great as VAINqueur discovered such an incredible secret. Vainqueur blesses Victor with the chance to become his chief of staff and he sets out to amass the greatest hoard ever know to man, er, dragon that is.

I loved this book. Vainqueur is very pompous and egotistical, but not in a knowing way, which makes it really fun to read. All the characters are funny, except for one of the races, the economics of the world is hilarious and awesome. All around, it is just a really funny and good book. I can't tell you how many times I laughed aloud. For as funny as it is though, the characters don't really grow or change too much, but for a story like this that wasn't an issue. The book was obviously meant to be comedic, and it excelled at what it was meant to do. I loved the world setup, but I do wish there had been a bit more background to some of the things, and there were a few parts I wish the book hadn't skipped. For instance hopefully hilarious training "montages." Overall though, great book, really funny, but needed a but more background and less skipping around. If you are looking for a good read though, I can wholeheartedly guarantee you will enjoy it.
Vainqueur the Dragon by [Durand, Maxime J.]

No comments:

Post a Comment