Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Level Up Book Series Review

First off, I am so sorry. It has been 4 months sense I last posted a review, I plan to get back in the habit and post more reviews regularly though.

Level Up by Dan Sugralinov has to be one of the best books I have ever read. The first book was published on June 29th of this year. So far this is a 3 book series. All of it is on Kindle Unlimited and it sounds like more books will be coming soon.

The story follows Phil, a thirty year old, overweight, smoking, sponging off his wife loser with his only real skill playing World of Warcraft. One day when she leaves though a bright light enters the room and all of a sudden it is like he is in a video game. He can see his health, with every drag of his cigarette it goes down ever so slightly, he can see things he has never noticed before, he can see where everyone he knows is on a map, he can see stranger's name, job, if they have kids, marital status, etc. and he can also see he is way below average in practically every way. His stamina, strength, agility, and practically every other statistic are all about below half the world's average. His only real talent is playing World of Warcraft. He decides to go on a mission of self-improvement, to improve his stats and his screwed up life with this magical, mystical piece of technology in his head.

This was such a great series. It made me laugh, it made me cheer, it made me angry, the story wasn't super action packed in the best way possible. You really got to know all the characters. To me, this felt like the start of Project Chrysalis book one. The part at the start that I never wanted to end, until it did. This whole book is that part and more, it is so well written. I just loved this book, I was visibly and internally (and externally) cheering and laughing and celebrating every little thing that happened in the book. This is a must read book and it has my highest praise and recommendation.
Re-Start (Level Up Book #1) LitRPG Series by [Sugralinov, Dan]

1 comment: