Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Monday, January 6, 2020

Disgardium Book Review- Update



Disgardium (or Class-A Threat) is a series that I have reviewed before (if you haven’t already read that review before do so before reading this at https://dragons-lair-book-blog.blogspot.com/2019/11/class-threat-book-series-review.html), however since then I have changed the way my reviews are written. Now I go into a more in-depth explanation on why I like the book and what I don't like about it. Based on the fact that Disgardium is one of my favorite series and the next book is coming out soon I felt like I should give it more of a chance and explain what really makes the book special. Book 3 comes out on the 9th and it was a great book. I had the opportunity to read it early and loved it, but here is why I love the series as a whole.

To start off, I am going to say a little more about the world of Disgardium. In Disgardium players who become very overpowered through a special ability or a combination of abilities become threats. Threats can be necromancers, they can be seemingly invincible, have a demon pet, or anything in between, but whatever it is they have an unfair advantage over other players. Other people want to hunt and kill threats for incredible rewards. Our main character, Alex is an incredibly overpowered threat, but it is actually balanced because he is being hunted by the entire game world and he is, in most cases, hundreds of levels below them. This is what makes this book so awesome, it is a balanced overpowered character which adds a very cool dynamic to the story. Another thing I really enjoy with this book is the author takes his time to make it so you know the characters, it doesn’t progress too quickly or too slowly. In the book Dungeon World, the author progresses the story too fast and you don’t really feel like you know the characters as well. In contrast, when reading this book you know each character and many things about each one. I love this series but I have had two issues with it. Issue one is names, the names themselves are fine but when new people or names are introduced there are two many at one time. For example, 10 people might be introduced at once and I get confused, I wonder things like, “Wait, who?” The other issue is some of the characters are too similar. Two of the main people have very similar personalities and when taking a break from the book, because not all were released yet, and continuing the books later it is hard to remember which is which. To sum it all up, the story and dynamic of the book far far outweigh two smaller negatives and I encourage you to try this book out as it is a great read.
The Destroying Plague (Disgardium Book #3): LitRPG Series by [Sugralinov, Dan]

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little.confused. So Alex is op but he is lower level than most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He has a special skill he has unlocked that is particularly overpowered. There are lots of ways to earn special skills, like faith in a god, first to kill a boss, do a special quest for an NPC, etc. The one Alex got though is much stronger than any ability should be, that is why he becomes labeled as a threat.

      Delete