Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Project Chrysalis Book Review

I just finished Project Chrysalis. This book was published by LitHunters on November 12, 2018 and written by John Gold. This book is 280 pages and within 24 hours of opening it I had it finished. I could not put it down.

Project Chrysalis book one follows Anji, a twelve-year-old orphan in the future. In this future the government has taken somewhat drastic measures for orphans, a large part of their life is in virtual reality, so they can experience a real family. Anji is extremely smart and mature for his age though, he acts like an adult. He gets in a lot of fights in the orphanage, but never more than he can handle. He pretends to be mute so most kids do bother him as well. Then, Project Chrysalis came out. Project Chrysalis is an ultra-advanced, ultra-realistic, virtual reality game. Immediately Anji falls in love with the game and his in-game name is Sagie, his nickname. He plays the game for months and loves it, until he is sacrificed by one of his only friends. His soul is sent to hell. The book follows Sagie and his experiences as he tries to get back to Earth to avenge himself. To make matters worse though, his brain is growing to quickly for his body back in the real world.

I love this book. It really is awesome, the story is great and it is written unlike anything I have ever read before, which is probably because it is a genre I have never read before. That genre being LitRPG. I guess it is basically a book about an RPG-like game. I’m not really sure, but because of this book, I’m a fan. The book is really great though, I just couldn’t put it down. The character dialogue is well written and each of the characters are really well developed as well. The author is amazingly creative too, he has created an awesome world where these characters live in. The story has a somewhat sinister side, especially in hell, but it is still great. The main warnings I might have are for the magic side of things, as Anji does mass sacrifices and blood magic, but it doesn’t really get too descriptive. The book is amazing though and I would definitely recommend it. I loved this book, it is definitely in my top three, and I bet it would be for you as well.
Image result for project chrysalis book cover

No comments:

Post a Comment