Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Sunday, January 27, 2019

The Dragon Inside Series Book Review

I recently finished the five book series The Dragon Inside. This book was written by Alex Sapegin, and published by LitHunters, they find books in different languages and translate them to English and other languages so everyone can read them.

This book is follows Andy. He lives in Russia and his father is a scientist working on creating portals for a private investor. As Andy takes a trip there though, he gets caught by a portal and transported far away, to another dimension with elves, orcs, humans, dwarves, and even dragons (although very few dragons). Once arriving he is tortured, but eventually escapes and rescues a dragon that was chained up near him. It is a miracle he is still alive though. The dragon brings him to his cave and with the help of his elven wife, they perform "the ritual" on him. This turns Andy into a dragon and he is then dubbed Kerrovitarr, or Kerr for short. The book follows Andy, or Kerr, as he navigates the strange new place he is in and tries to adapt to his new life.

This book series is amazing. Its so well written and has an awesome story. It has awesome realistic dialogue and great descriptions. I loved every page in the book and I just loved the story. The books are all quite long, but you get to know every character really well. The only problem I had with this book is the names. It was similar to Drew Briney's Unproven although not as much. For instance, the main three problems I had were Riguad and Ruigar, Iliya and Irina, and Karegar and Kerrovitarr. There were a few others, but no other ones come to mind. Overall though it was just an incredibly well written series and I would like to see a follow up series on it, because it had made it sound like there might be one. When it comes to age cautioning though, it does get kind of violent with somewhat descriptive detail at parts and there are parts where it says that sex happened, but I can't think of a time that was actually described. I think this is a good book for older middle school and up, but I do think that many adults who like a good story would like it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment