Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Stonehaven League Book Review

Temple of Sorrow by Carrie Summers is a book I read quite recently. This book was published on April 24, 2018, and is a five-book series. All five books have come out in a little under a year. This is another book I got for free through Kindle Unlimited.

Devon is a professional gamer who makes money off of selling stuff in hyper-realistic VR games. She and her close-knit group of friends are some of the best players in the world until the game shuts down with no prior notice. Thrown back into the real world and forced to get a job at a tourist attraction, she is not the happiest. That is until she is invited to be one of the first people to play Relic Online. Relic Online is like no game before it, the last game had dulled, not perfect senses, but Relic Online comes with perfect all five senses. Pain, smells, texture, sight, sounds, and so much more. The game is played and stored in an implanted device in one's head so they can play anytime anywhere. Devon's new job is to challenge the head AI of this world and push it to its creative limits, but that won't be easy with a huge troll, a giant rock guardian, and many other creatures, all while watching over a village full of NPCs difficult to distinguish from humans that needs her and is counting on her to survive.

This was a really good book. I had a few problems with the later books, things I didn't like, but the story was amazing and was able to overcome any qualms I had with the book. I'm looking forward to reading more of this authors work as well because the book had comedic parts which weren't so abundant or crazy so as to not muddle the story but keep it interesting. This is a great book for any who love video games or fantasy books. Even for someone who doesn't like video games, LitRPG is just like normal fantasy books, but with a more concrete definition of power, so I would definitely recommend this book to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment