Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Never Be Alone Book Review

Quite a while ago, I reviewed Never Be Alone by Paige Dearth which was published on March 21st, 2018. In return for an honest review of my opinion on the book, I received a free kindle EBook.

The book is about Joon, a young girl who was recently orphaned. This book follows her from a foster family to the streets, through prostitution and more. Joon is a bright, caring, and loyal girl who always tries to do the right thing and stay pure, no matter what she is exposed to.

The book definitely has some graphic parts and does deal with prostitution later in it. There is some language and some language, but really, the book was great. With the prostitution and sex, this book didn't just throw it in to throw it in, it was intertwined into the story where it actually meant something and was important to her survival. This is a book that I think everyone, at one time, should read. It lets you really understand that people who might be on the streets aren't usually there because of their own mistakes. It usually isn't their fault. It really helps you empathize with others in totally different and rougher positions than yourself and makes you realize this could happen to you. Even if this book isn't what you usually read, I definitely think it is a book for you to read, no matter who you are. The book is so well written and very eye-opening and I think everyone read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment