Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Five Kingdoms Book Review

The first book in this series was Sky Raiders and was published on March 11, 2014. The final book, Time Jumpers was published on March 13, 2018. It is a five book series and written by Brandon Mull.

The book is about a kid named Cole. On Halloween night he was trick-or-treating with a large group of friends. At one house, they are all kidnapped except Cole and one other girl. As the kids disappear one by one, Cole goes in after to try to save them, only to get caught and sold into slavery. In this new world, there is shaping, Shaping alters the world around the shaper in different ways. A shaper, if they have the skill, can create objects with powers that defy logic, make portals, make futuristic technology, talk to the dead, or create portals. When a slave, he gets involved in deadly things, until it falls on him to save himself, all of his friends, and the entire new world he entered.

I have always loved the way this author writes. The story is written very well in every one of his books and is always so creative. One thing I haven't ever liked about his writing though is that his dialogue always seems a little fake/cheesy. By this I mean it doesn't seem like actual reactions people would have and actual words people would say when reading any of his books, though I usually just ignore that part because everything else is so well written. I greatly recommend this series, it is another one of my favorites and the story is captivating.
Image result for the five kingdoms book cover

No comments:

Post a Comment