Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Monday, April 1, 2019

The Steel Hounds Book Review

This is yet again another book by LitHunters on Kindle Unlimited. Published in English on January 15th, 2019. The book was written by Vladimir Vasilenko.


This book follows Mongoose (or Stan) through his time in Artar. Artar is a futuristic virtual world which Mongoose has dreamed about for years. It has been out for a month, and with a month of saving left the idea of the game is torturous to him. After he does an internet challenge for a chunk of cash he gets recruited to Arkan by a wealthy billionaire who sees the game as a chance to earn a little extra. When he gets in he chooses the so-called worst class. A day in though, the game becomes like a drug, and unless he can do something to damage the greatest force in the game, he is going to lose it all.

I did enjoy this book. It was much better than Realm of Arkon and renewed my faith in LitHunters. The story was engaging, had well-rounded characters, and had a small sense of mystery and deceit throughout. One thing I believe made the book really fun to read is that Mongoose was always on the bottom. He had to fight for respect and work his way to where he was, unlike in the Realm of Arkon where it was handed to him. Mongoose had to fight by himself, learn by himself, and attempt to bring down one of the largest forces by himself. I would recommend this book to any LitRPG readers, people who like the fantasy/sci-fi scene, or just someone looking for a good story.
Image result for the steel hounds

No comments:

Post a Comment