Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Collars and Curses Book Review

Yet again, I got another good book from Netgalley. This one was called Collars and Curses by Sharon Skinner. I did this for an honest review. I look forward to continuing this with Netgalley. This book came out May 12 of 2017.

This book was about a girl named Marissa, and Marissa isn't your average freshman girl, she is a werewolf. She is "Other," as it calls it in the book. Or in other words, not the normal. The Other is the other dimension that is ruled by elves, goblins, ogres and all those baseline fantasy creatures. Her life though is as normal as it gets for a werewolf. She doesn't mess with the Other, lays low, tries to ignore her differences. Then, things change when a new girl shows. The new girl is a witch, and wants to shake things up for the whole town, but not in the right way. The book entails Marissa's experiences in trying to stop the new girl and save her home.

I thought the book was interesting. Although, I thought it could have definitely done without one thing. There was a weird romance subplot. In it, Marissa was trying to decide whether she liked boys or girls which was just odd and made it awkward to read. Besides that though, the book was very interesting and funny and I do recommend it if you can get past the awkward parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment