Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I plan to post my thoughts on books I read here. I usually stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and love them. I read a lot so ...

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Boy From Earth Book Review

This book was also from Netgalley and it was another great one. It was called The Boy From Earth and it was by Darrell Pitt. In exchange for receiving the book, I must give a one hundred percent honest review of what I thought of the book. This book will come out on September 21, 2018.

This book was about a kid named Bobby Baxter. He is a young kid, probably ten or so, and is scared of everything (the author throws this part out in the first few pages and only uses it for jokes later). Bobby, of all people on Earth, is chosen for an intergalactic school filled with crazy aliens and all sorts of creatures. Earth though, it not highly thought of. It was one of the last to join the "Space Race" and therefore thought of as inferior. And this is true, in part, although not to the extremity everyone else thinks. Although he is suddenly a brave kid, Bobby is not well accepted to the community and people want him out. The story follows his adventures as he is sabotaged again and again and as he meets and makes great friends.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a comedy and did well at that. It was witty and creative and the author did a great job. It had an obvious, funny storyline and it was well written in general. This is probably a book for a younger reading level even though I think many other ages would enjoy it. I definitely recommend the book and hope that if you have young kids, you share the book with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment